Sunday, August 18, 2013

ATL TAILGATE AND CONCERT

I apologize for being so behind on my blogs but I have been a little busy helping my cousins with their toddler and newborn son. It's been very hands on but it has been GREAT bonding with the family. I have been calling myself the nanny, and loving it! Well, last weekend the nanny had some downtime. LOL

Before I arrived, my other cousin who had just moved into a townhouse and was preparing for a housewarming/get-together on Sunday the 11th, which is a birthday. She also told me there was a cookout the same weekend she wanted me to attend on that Saturday before her event. Well, things fell through with her event but she still wanted me to come to her friends cookout. It worked out well since I was coming to be the nanny.  It turns out that it was more than a cookout, it was a tailgate party. I haven't been to a tailgate party since college. I always thought tailgate was for football. This was a little different. They had a tailgate for a concert, which was outdoors. 

When we arrived it was just cars, trucks, tents, RV's galore! Oh and lets not forget the different sounds of music. As usual I am so bad with pictures. I may have a few pics I can share of me. I had the curly look going on because it seemed to be the hottest day in ATL. I probably look a little frazzled because it was hot and I was stuffed, There was tons and tons of food. I think all of the weight I lost I may have gained it back that day but I had an awesome time mingling and getting to know my cousin's friends. Love a great time! 

                                  OMGGG...IT'S HOT...I WAS TRYING TO BE CUTE....LOL 

Here's the host of the tailgate and let me not forget it was her birthday weekend so she was all the way turnt up.(I'm trying to be hip!) hahahaha... 

 JUST TRYING TO KEEP COOL!

MY COUSIN NICOLE ON THE RIGHT, BIRTHDAY GIRL MEON IN THE MIDDLE(SHE HAD HER LEG UP, ITS NOT MISSING...LOL) AND HER FRIEND KIM

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the concert but we were on the lawn with our blankets and unfortunately it began to ran so I wasn't really a happy person because as you can see I had on a white shirt and after the rain, I probably could have been in a white t-shirt contest. But seeing SWV, ZAP and Cameo was great, Love SWV and listening to old school music was great. I don't remember all the groups but I felt real 70's out on the lawn waving and singing! 

I HAD A BLAST!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing!