Tuesday, September 24, 2013

DINNER TONIGHT

HAPPY TUESDAY!

Since I didn't have to work today I decided to cook dinner. Woo Hoo...I am still trying to drop pounds and I still have about 15-20 pounds to go before I reach my 1st goal. Lord, it is so hard. PS. I love to eat! But anyway, I thought I would go healthy. Well, I thought it was healthy. If it wasn't then it was close.

My dad bought me this healthy chef baking mat to cook on.(see below) It is suppose to drain the grease from your food. Tonight I decided to use it. I made two types of chicken. I made mom and dad just a basic bake chicken and for myself, I made jerk chicken. Mmmmm...I love a little spice to my food. They don't. For my dad, who loves rice, I prepared him chicken and rice. I used some of the chicken and cooked in on top of the stove and added rice to eat and he had that with sweet peas.  

For mom and myself, I decided to roast some red potatoes, which I used a recipe from pinterest.. I cut the potatoes in chunks and I put a little olive oil, salt and pepper. I put them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. Then I prepared some(skinny) string beans. I tossed them as well in the oil, added a little salt and some red pepper flakes. I poured them on top of the red potatoes and turned to heat up from 400 to 450 degrees for about 20-25 more minutes. 

Dinner was delish! The mat is a good investment and it cleans great too! I guess I was too hungry to snap a quick picture. I hope everyone had a great and day and it continues to a better evening!    


   

1 comment:

  1. Girl I'm with you on the struggle! I love food so if I go healthy it better be good or I will fall right off the wagon.....SMH

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Sharing!